Sunday, November 2, 2008

Counting Down to Thanksgiving Break

     I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving Break. It seems that even though the exams are just now ending for a short period, it is still the eye of the hurricane. Exams will be coming a week or two before Thanksgiving Break, and it's almost inevitable. Mostly, I'm looking forward to going home. It seems like it's been a long time since October Break, even though it hasn't, and I'm just plain ready to be sitting at home, eating my turkey and mashed potatoes. On Thanksgiving, my family usually has a big feast, including but not limited to: turkey (of course), mashed potatoes and gravy, bean casserole, cranberry jelly, rolls, and Jello salad with lots of fruit in it. I especially love Thanksgiving (and Christmas) because after stuffing ourselves with food, my family goes home, naps off the excess calories and tryptophan, and comes back for a puzzle. When we return to do the puzzle, it is around supper time, and we try to finish off the leftovers from the feast we call Thanksgiving lunch. The puzzle normally isn't finished when everyone leaves, but we have fun doing it. I wonder what puzzle we'll do this Thanksgiving? 
     In addition to delicious food, I can't wait to see my friends. I didn't see them over October Break, and I'm having friend withdrawals. I miss seeing them practically everyday and talking about how our classes are going. Anyway, I can't wait to get home for Thanksgiving Break!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am right there with you! I am so homesick and can't wait until thanksgiving with the family. I miss all of my friends at home and didn't get to see much of them over fall break. Thats really cool that your family has made a little thanksgiving tradition. I wish we did something like that!