When I got to my room, I put some Anbesol on my lip, and the numbing took effect. I worked on homework and caught up on some of my TV shows online, and finally fell asleep at around one o'clock in the morning. When I woke up at ten thirty the next morning, one half of my lips was swollen. The bottom lip was huge and blistered, and the top lip looked affected too. I started panicking. My first thought was that I was allergic to Anbesol, and I needed to get it checked out. So, I stopped by the urgent care center at PUSH, and they told me it was just a canker sore. I have never had a canker sore that large, and it really bothered me. Since Sunday, the swelling has gone down, but I feel a little embarrassed that I wasted their time and mine over something so silly. So... That was my weekend! :)
Monday, November 10, 2008
Oh, How I Hate You, Canker Sores!
Within the past couple weeks, I haven't been eating very well. It has become evident in the presence of a canker sore in my mouth. On Friday, I had passed the night with a dull pain right inside of my lip, so I checked it out in the mirror, and it turned out to be a canker sore. I've had them more than once before, so I knew I just had to wait it out, and the worst was yet to come. The next day, I was going to make a trip to WalMart anyway, so I decided to get some Anbesol or other pain ointment for my mouth. I spent over fifteen minutes just trying to locate some, and then spent some time getting the rest of my things. By the time I was ready to leave, some guy ahead of me in the checkout had two WalMart gift cards, and neither of them would scan through to the register. Keep in mind that I had a bus to catch, and the whole ordeal took an extraordinarily long amount of time (in my rushed mind). Finally, I got up to the register, and the poor guy checked everything through, and the receipt printer was jammed. So, I decided I really didn't need the receipt; it would be fine because I paid for all of it with cash, not a debit or credit card. He was about to let me go, and I was very impatient because the bus was supposed to be there right then, when his manager stopped by and told him he needed to print it out. So he told me it would take a couple of minutes and proceeded to print the receipt out. The printer finally finished, and I walked out the door with my bags in hand, and just as I reached the door, I saw the bus. The last two people were about to load onto it. I ran through the crowd of people coming in, mumbling my "Sorry"s as I passed by them. I felt incredibly rude, but at the same time, my adrenaline was pumping because I didn't want to miss the bus and wait another HOUR for the next one. I reached the bus and finally made it back to the dorm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like a very enjoyable weekend :X I get impatient at stores, especially walmart. I'm glad you caught your bus though! I hope you start eating a little better as well =]
I agree with the previous comment. Your weekend didn't sound very pleasant. Hope your appetite comes back and your sore goes away.
Sounds like a terrible weekend! We all have days like that. Hope this weekend is a little better, but with the looks of the weather, I don't know, haha.
Post a Comment