The next day (THANKSGIVING!!!), I woke up and helped my mom set up. We held Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house, but my mom was the one who hosted it. We made sure everything was spick and span, and my cousin arrived to prepare drinks. For about an hour, everyone sat in the living room to chat, then dinner began. I didn't fully realize how much I had missed Thanksgiving until I saw the options I had for dinner: dark or light turkey meat, inside or outside stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes and/or gravy, green beans, oysters, or Jello with fruit in it. It was AWESOME! I stuffed myself so completely that I couldn't eat another bite. Then I had pumpkin pie. (The sentence before last was meant to be an exaggeration.) It was amazing! I LOVE pumpkin pie! We cleaned up, and left to nap. Later, around 6:45 p.m., Mom and I returned to Gram and Gramps' house to have leftovers for supper and complete the puzzle. The puzzle this year was a picture of a small town with a giant lit Christmas tree and a street filled with shops lit up for the night. It was pretty. Unfortunately, we didn't finish it before we left.
On Friday, I worked all day. I work at Applebee's, and I chose to work a double that day. It was alright, but I was tired when I returned home. The next day, I had to leave to spend the night with my dad. I hadn't seen him since I left this summer, and we had a fun time watching a movie marathon. Today, I had to leave him and return home to finish packing at 10:30 a.m., but I didn't feel as though I spent enough time with him. I finished packing and carpooled back to Purdue at 2 p.m., arriving here at 7 p.m. in this time zone. It was a busy 5 days!
1 comment:
Busy, yeah, but it sounds like you had an amazing time! I love movie marathons. My parents, my sister, and I all sat down and watched Fred Claus after Thanksgiving Dinner (which is more like lunch with my dad's whole side of the family). It was a really good movie. I'm glad you had a good break!
Rach
Post a Comment