Carbon footprint: Mine = 49.2, Country = 91.4
Food footprint: Mine = 65.7, Country = 65.7
Housing footprint: Mine = 21.9, Country = 31.6
Goods and Services footprint: Mine = 42.5, Country = 57.7
Total: 179.39 global acres
People would have to inhabit 4.62 Earths if they all live the way I do!
I wouldn't exactly say it is "fair" that Americans take more than their share of resources. But, at the same time, there are a LOT of people living on this Earth. Since we are a dominant species (humans, in general), we are taking up more and more room and resources. Before long, we'll run out of food, water, and space, and everything in nature will be out of balance.
Therefore, we can try to redress the Earth for what we have done to it, but, in the end, it won't do any good if we can't stop our population from growing. Currently, we have engineers working to solve the problem, but not every problem can be solved, only delayed. I don't believe we can repair what we've done to the Earth, but we can try to relieve the suffering as much as we can.
2 comments:
I totally agree. I really don't think we can do much for what we have already done to the planet. I think whats done is done and we just have to look at what we can do to help the future. In this case, i think that is to cut down on population.
I love that you were brave enough to put your footprint results up here! Mine were well ... awful to say the least. So kudos to you =]
Post a Comment