An imagined day in my life... I wake up to my own theme song, based on whatever mood I'm in. We'll just say I'm in a good mood this morning. The song will be "It's a Beautiful Morning." Anyway, I get out of bed and discover that the height of the bed from floor is two inches. My feet fall softly on the floor, and I head toward the shower. The water is at the perfect temperature, and there is no sporadic hot flashes in the temperature of the water. I gracefully walk back to my room and get dressed for class. Upon arriving at class after walking to the building on a sunny, carefree day, the teacher tells us that we aren't going to do any homework. Instead, we will get to watch a comedic movie and eat pizza and a lot of desserts. Our teacher's assistant hands back our homework, and everyone discovers they have an A. It is a long, but happily eventful day, and I become tired. As I exit the building, I hear a limo pull up. Someone calls my name from inside the limo, and I turn to find James McAvoy sitting in the back. He invites me into the limo, and we have an interesting chat about movies and his acting career. After the two-minute drive back to Earhart, I walk into my room, say,"Goodnight" to my roommate, and fall asleep peacefully in my comfy bed, looking forward to my happy dreams.
An actual day in my life... I am abruptly and rudely woken from sleep by a noisy car passing by. I check my alarm clock only to find that my alarm didn't go off, and I am running late for class. I crawl down from my bed and slip, hitting the floor, and my head, very hard. As I'm mumbling curses, I head to the shower. The shower rapidly changes from excruciatingly hot to icy cold in mere nanoseconds, and I think to myself, "HOT... cold... HOT... cold..." My day then gets worse. I arrive late at my class and realize I don't have the homework done because it was lost last night in the large pile of books and paper that I call homework. The TA gives me a stern, you-will-be-an-example look, and I fear for my GPA. Class runs longer than usual, and it sets off a string of tardies for the rest of my classes, each of which I only have 10 minutes to reach, no matter how far they are away. Then my academic day ends, and night comes rushing in to meet me. I return to my large heap of homework and continue to work on it until 3 A.M. in the morning. I fall into bed, tired and disparaged, and slip into fitful dreams.
As you can probably tell, I exaggerated the second part a little bit. However, it's mostly true. Hope you enjoyed a peek into "A Day in Taylor's Life." It will be on video soon. :)
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment