Sunday, October 19, 2008
My Somewhat Less Fabulous October Break
For October Break, I decided to go home. I needed a respite from my homework, as I'm sure my fellow Honors Engineers know, and October Break provided the perfect opportunity. I went home on Friday with my mom, and we went to bed as soon as we got home. I set up her new VCR for all the VHS tapes that we have because we are too adamant not to buy them all on DVD. On Saturday, I went to dinner with my grandparents and cousin, who was also conveniently on fall break. It was a nice night out, and I enjoyed spending time with my grandparents. Then I went to the Gilson Haunted House with my friend Heather and some other people. The haunted house is ranked one of the top three in Illinois every year. We had a great time. After going to the haunted house, I stopped by my old workplace, Applebee's, to say hi to some people, but, unfortunately, waiting in line for the haunted house took to long, and I missed them. On Sunday, I stayed home to get some homework done. I worked a little bit on my genetics paper and relaxed mostly. To top off that overly relaxed day, my mother and I baked cookies to bring back with me and enchiladas for supper. It was great! By Monday, I was ready to finish my genetics paper and be good to go when the internet went out, and I lost the ability to access my bookmarked genetics sources. Needless to say, I was a little mad, but I got over it. I went to my grandparents' house to chatter for a little while, and then went home to pack. On Tuesday, I finished packing and came back to Purdue through carpooling. Overall, October Break was a much-needed break, and I really can't wait until Thanksgiving! I hope time runs fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment