Monday, October 27, 2008

THE MARCHING BAND!

When I decided to come to Purdue University, I wanted to join the marching band. However, my mother told me that I shouldn't because Honors Engineering would take up too much of my time, and there wouldn't be enough left for band. Boy, she was right. I barely have enough time to hang out with my friends! I don't really like football too much, so I haven't been going to the games. But on Saturday, the tables turned when I found out my friend had a spare ticket.
I went to the University of Minnesota vs. Purdue game on Saturday, and I fell in love with the marching band! In case you weren't there, the show on Saturday was the standoff of Joe Tiller. The marching band formed many designs and characters, including Joe Tiller (a stick figure with a hat) and his arch-nemesis (also a stick figure with a hat). The band wove in and out of many designs, one of which was composed of four arrows closing in on one point to create a square. I saw it on the big screen, and it blew my mind. Everything was so coordinated and flawless. I greatly enjoyed the marching band. :)

1 comment:

Megha said...

omg that sounds so cool...I bet it would have been amzing to watch. It must have taken them an extremely long time to perfect it though.