Sunday, October 19, 2008

Indiana Jones... Yes, I'm writing about it.

I really love the Indiana Jones movies. Mostly, I love them because of their adventure and their history. They also have very good special effects. Because of those movies, I became really interested in history and paleontology. If you have never seen any of the movies, I am going to give you a quick summary. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark covers Indiana's search for the biblical relic that contains the Ten Commandments. With the help of Marion Ravenwood, the daughter of a lost professor whose research was based on the relic, "Indy" travels across the world to find clues and try to discover the ark's location. He is racing against the Nazis, who are trying to find the relic to control the world. In the next movie, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones is accidentally dropped in India while one of his enemies is trying to get rid of him. A night club singer by the name of Wilhelmina "Willie" Scott is also dropped off with him, and his sturdy young sidekick Short Round travels with him. They reach a village where a mystical stone is missing, bringing destruction and poor luck with its disappearance. Many young boys are missing from the village, too, and Indy discovers a large underground labor operation involved with a cult. The priest of the cult tries to stop them from taking the stone. The third movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, entails a wild chase between Indiana Jones and the Nazis for the Holy Grail. In this movie, we see Indiana Jones' father, played by Sean Connery, and a small flashback of his youth and how he began searching for lost artifacts. Most recently, the fourth movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the most recent movie. Indy searches for a missing professor after a boy (Shia LeBeouf) tracks him down. They become involved in a search for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, a lost city that was incredibly advanced for its time. Indy is much older now, and we learn a bit more about what has happened to him since the last movie. Indiana Jones is played by Harrison Ford, if you didn't already know, and I think these are some of the best movies I have seen. The first three were created in the 1980's, and the last one was produced this year. I am an Indiana Jones fanatic, so if you ever have any questions about plot line or who a certain person may be, let me know!

1 comment:

Andy Wang said...

I loved the past Indiana Jones', but this new one this summer didn't cut it for me. I guess when watching a movie of our time now, for me at least, you just need realism and drama. I lost my willing suspension disbelief, ah well, to each and their own i guess.